Grade 5 Science Properties of and Changes in Matter
For children in Grade 5 learning about matter and energy.
From the Curriculum:
Students will explore the concept of matter, commonly found states of matter (solids, liquids, and gases) and the characteristics. Explore changes of state and investigate the difference between physical changes (which are reversible) and chemical changes (which are not reversible). Use of heat to effect changes in matter will be relevant to the study of energy conservation in the next strand.
- There are three states of matter.
- Matter that changes state is still the same matter.
- Physical change refers to the fact that a substance can be changed from one form to another.
- Chemical change implies the formation of a new substance.
- The properties of materials determine their use and may have an effect on society and the environment.
Sorry, there are no products matching your search.